Ectopic Pregnancy at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, India
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that occurs outside the womb (uterus). It is life-threatening to the mother.
Causes of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Birth defect in the fallopian tubes
- Scarring after a ruptured appendix
- Some infertility treatments
- Sometimes the cause is unknown. Hormones may play a role.
- The most common site for an ectopic pregnancy is within one of the two fallopian tubes. In rare cases, ectopic pregnancies can occur in the ovary, abdomen, or cervix.
- An ectopic pregnancy can occur even if you use birth control.
Symptoms of Ectopic Pregnancy
There can be early pregnancy symptoms such as breast tenderness or nausea. Other symptoms may include:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Low back pain
- Mild cramping on one side of the pelvis
- No periods
- Pain in the lower belly or pelvic area
If the area around the abnormal pregnancy ruptures and bleeds symptoms may get worse. They may include:
- Fainting or feeling faint
- Intense pressure in the rectum
- Low blood pressure
- Pain in the shoulder area
- Severe, sharp, and sudden pain in the lower abdomen
Treatment of Ectopic Pregnancy
What are the treatment options for ectopic pregnancy available at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, India
There are two types of treatment for ectopic pregnancy that are available at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, India viz medical treatment for ectopic pregnancy and the other one is the surgery for ectopic pregnancy. At our Gurgaon hospital if the ectopic pregnancy is diagnosed in eary stages then the best way to treat it is through an injection of methotrexate, which stops the growth of the embryo. If the pregnancy is at a matured stage then our gynaecologist at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon may advise you surgery for ectopic pregnancy. But sometimes ectopic tissue can be removed using laparoscopy, a less invasive surgical procedure
Whatever your treatment, our gynaecologist at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon will want to see you regularly afterward to make sure your HCG levels return to zero. This may take several weeks. An elevated HCG could mean that some ectopic tissue is still present.
Best Gynaecologist for Ectopic Pregnancy at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, Haryana