Hysteroscopy at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, India
What is Hysteroscopy?
A hysteroscopy is a procedure for examination of:
- The opening to the womb called cervix
- Inside the uterus
- Openings of the fallopian tube
A hysteroscopy is done by a gynaecologist experienced in performing laparoscopic procedures. Moreover the hysteroscopy procedure requires equipment called hysteroscope. At GNH Hospital Gurgaon, Haryana, India we have one of the best hsyteroscopes in the world from Stryker.
Why It Is Done?
- Hysteroscopy is done to find the cause of severe cramping or abnormal bleeding. Doctor may use heated tools during hysteroscopy at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon, India to stop the bleeding. The procedure is called cauterization.
- Hysteroscopy is also performed to see whether a problem in the shape or size of the uterus or if scar tissue in the uterus is the cause of infertility.
- Looking at the uterine openings to the fallopian tubes is one of the most common usage of hysteroscopy procedure in India. If the tubes are blocked, your doctor may be able to open the tubes with special tools passed through the hysteroscope.The procedure is called tubal recanalization.
- Your doctor may also advise hysteroscopy to find the possible cause of repeated miscarriages.
- Hysteroscopy is also used by the gynaecologists to find and remove a misplaced intrauterine device (IUD). IUD is the device used for contraception.
- In most of the cases involvig fibroids you may need surgery called myomectomy however in certain cases where the fibroids are small enough doctor may perform hysteroscopy to remove the same. Myomectomy is the best procedure in case of multiple fibroids or large fibroids.
- Endometrial cancer's incdence is increasing in India and other parts of the world especially in African Countries. To prevent it is always better to get your self checked regularly. One of the best procedure for the same is hysteroscopy which should be performed if you have a family history of any such cancers.
- Apart from preventive and diagnostic tool hysteroscopy is also used to remove problem areas in the lining of the uterus (endometrial ablation).
- Hysteroscopy is used to position a contraceptive implant (such as Essure) into the opening of the fallopian tubes as a method of permanent sterilization.
Best Doctors for Hysteroscopy at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon, Haryana, India