Kidney Stone Surgery at GNH Hospital Gurgaon, Haryana, India
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are small "pebbles" of salt and mineral in the urine. The most common symptom is severe pain. Most stones pass on their own. However in some cases they may get deposited in the kidney which need surgery to remove kidney stones.
What Causes the formation of Kidney Stone?
- Kidney stones may form when the normal balance of water, salts, minerals and other substances are found in urine changes.
- Kidney stones can run in families, as stones often occur in family members over several generations.
- A person forms kidney stones because the parathyroid glands produce too much of a hormone, which leads to higher calcium levels and possibly calcium kidney stones.
What are the Symptoms for the Kidney Stones ?
According to the doctors at GNH hospital Gurgaon, India the symptoms for Kidney Stones may include:
- If the kidney stones are very small they may not present any symptoms and may be treated by medicine without any surgery
- Sudden and severe pain that gets worse and radiates. Stones may cause intense pain in the back, side, abdomen, groin or genitals.
- Sometimes pain due to kidney stones can be accompanied with nausea and vomitting.
- Blood in the urine (haematuria), which can occur either with stones that stay in the kidney or with those that travel through the ureters.
- Frequent and painful urination, which may occur when the stone is in the ureter or after the stone has left the bladder and is in the urethra. Painful urination may occur when a urinary tract infection is also present.
What are the treatment options available for removal of kidney stones at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon, India?
Surgery is only needed when the kidney stone is very large, caused by an infection (staghorn calculi), blocking the flow of urine out of the kidney or causing other problems like severe bleeding. There are various options available at GNH Hospital for the removal of kidney stones. Our doctors choose the best suited rocedure deending upon the case and symptoms.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) - ESWL or lithotripsy procedure is best treatment for kidney stone when the size of the stone is not too large and the stone is also not too old. In this procedure the stones are broken into small particles uing shock waves and then the kidney stones pas through urine.
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) - This is the minimally invasive procedure to remove the kidney stones. This is also the most widely used and one of the best methods for surgical removal of kidney stones. In this case if the kidney stone is big n size then the doctor will break the stone and take out most f the pieces during the surgery and very small particle pass through urine as in case of ESWL.
Ureteroscopic Stone Removal - This procedure is used to remove kidney stones stuck in ureter. This does not need any incision rather a urteroscope is inserted to visualize the location of the kidney stone and take it out. A stent is left for a week for flow of urine and stone particles.
Best Doctors (Urologist & Nephrologist) for treatment of Kidney Stones at GNH Hospital, Gurgaon, Haryana India